June 9, 2016

QUICK FX | Product Review


I'm a big fan of Watsons products. Every time I get a chance to roam around a mall, I always make sure that I stop by a Watsons store - if there's any. The first time I discovered Quick Fx was when I was looking for a product that can dry up pimples fast, and since I had time to search in every shelf I encounter in the store, that's when I saw these products.

The Quick Fx offers a variety of products. The first one I bought was the Pimple Eraser and after a while, I got curious what the others are for and can do so I bought each of every product. I've been using them for quite some time and now I'm going to share my thoughts about these Quick Fx products. 

In no particular order,


1. Quick Fx Pimple Eraser - This is my third purchase of Pimple Eraser. I gotta say, this is really effective, it really does dry up pimples. I read some reviews about this, some say they like it because it works for them but some commented that they won't buy it again because it dries up their face - yes, face! I think you're not supposed to apply it all over your face, just on the affected area (to be more specific, your pimples!!) Whenever I feel a bump on my face and realize it's a pimple, I immediately dab a small amount on it every night before I go sleep and the next day it'll be smaller than it should be. This product also claims to lessen dark spots and blemishes but in my experience, it didn't. Another thing I don't like about this is that you can't wear it under make-up *thumbs up turned upside down*. 

2. Quick Fx No-Shine Mattifier This product claims to moisturize your face and can also work as a primer, leaving your face powdery and matte finish once applied. For those people looking for a cheap primer but still does a good job, you can go for this product. There are two ways of applying this product, either apply it under your makeup or apply it over your makeup. I'm not sure how you'll use it over your makeup, I tried doing it once and one hour later I noticed that my face has cakey textures on some areas and that was during I was working so imagine how embarrassing it was facing your co-workers with a caked face. I highly recommend applying it before putting on any makeup.

3. Quick Fx Tinted Moisturizer - This product was my alternative when I finish off the CC Cream. The Tinted Moisturizer claims to moisturize your face and at the same time evens out your skin tone. Below its description, it says it helps protect sun damage so you can say it also works as a sunscreen that you can layer first before your makeup. This conceals my blemishes when I use it but only lightly, I have to reapply it until I reach the amount of lightness I want to look for my face. Just a note, though, I don't recommend this product as your "another option" to hide your blemishes if you're going to apply heavy makeup. It's better to use other product or brand because it does not fully hide the blemishes or dark spots. If you want something light for your skin, this product is the perfect one to use!

4. Quick Fx CC Cream - I was clueless what's the difference between a BB Cream and a CC Cream. Seriously, what's the difference? lol. Quick Fx did justice in its statement that it 'helps illuminate the skin for a healthy glow' because it does and it doesn't have any sticky feeling. After blending it, it did brighten up my face and made some of my problem areas less visible, well it should because it's also a color corrector! When squeezed out from its package, the cream may appear light but it's actually buildable. This can be used as a base or a primer too because it blends quite well with other makeup products (e.g concealer or foundation). Anyway, the product doesn't stay for long in my face, maybe it's because of my oily face? 

5. Quick Fx Eyelift Cream - Ahh, eyebags. The only bags I always bring with me. lol. If you're sleeping late and don't have any plans changing your lifestyle, don't even bother buying this. Why? Simple, it won't work. Hehe. I'm just kidding. If you want the Eyelift Cream to work on you, you have to be consistent in applying it twice a day, morning and at night. I, myself, use this cream twice a day; before applying makeup and before I go to sleep. It claims to reduce the appearance of lines, puffiness, refines and tones areas around the eyes. It's still too early to conclude any changes since I've only been using it for three weeks, but it does help reduce the puffiness around my eyes and keeps it moisturized throughout the night. Anyway, when it comes to the dark circles under my eyes, well, they are still visible. :(

Here are the swatches of the Quick Fx products...

Prices:
  • Quick Fx Pimple Eraser - Php 50
  • Quick Fx No-Shine Mattifier - Php 99
  • Quick Fx CC Cream - Php 89
  • Quick Fx Tinted Moisturizer - Php 50
  • Quick Fx Eyelift Cream - Php 50
Will I repurchase these products? Of course, but only the Pimple Eraser, No-Shine Mattifier, and the Eyelift Cream. I'm already on my third purchase of the Pimple Eraser and I will continue to buy it because of its fast drying effect on my pimples. I will also continue to purchase the No-Shine Mattifier because I love how it mattifies my face when I use it. One thing I hate the most is seeing my face all highlighted when I didn't even use a highlighter, that's the problem with oily faced people. And last but not the least, the Eyelift Cream, the disappearance of the dark circles under my eyes may take time but gradually I'm seeing changes. They are cheap and very travel-friendly, so what's not to love about them?

Have you tried these products? I would love to hear your thoughts about these!

30 comments

  1. Hi, Carmela. Nice post. If I may, would you also post the back side of the product labels so that the ingredients can be seen, not only the active ingredients? I think today, more people are now taking a closer look at the ingredients since commercial products may possibly contain questionable ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to at first, but I realized it'll take the whole post! Haha! The next time I post about reviews again I'll surely include the back side for the ingredients of the product. :)

      Delete
  2. I still haven't tried these products. The packaging is a cool idea for quick fixes. Our bags will be less heavy. Anyway, I'm quite apprehensive in using products where I don't know the ingredients. I usually prefer using cosmetics that have natural ingredients. Thankfully, because of it, I don't get pimples. -Me-An of yogoandcream.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are harmful unless you're allergic to a certain ingredient that's included in the product you want to use. It's better if you ask the saleslady who'll assist you. My skin is not that sensitive so I was able to hoard and test all of them. :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Carmela!! I love this review. I remember before, I feel that a pimple will come up. So I immediately bought the Pimple Eraser. It's really effective but sadly it didn't lighten dark spots. And by the way I love their Quick Fx No-Shine Mattifier! So effective and affordable than other primers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dorothy! Yes, it's really effective. That's why I stopped searching for any other pimple eraser brands and I'm sticking with Quick Fx. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! It's the first time I heard about these quick fx products. I'm even more surprised that they are affordable. :) For my pimples, I used Ponds before - it was effective for pimples but after using it too much, it stopped and makes my face itch. Hopefully this will be worth the try. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cheap and effective. Haha! I used Ponds before and it actually made my skin breakout. Didn't use any Ponds product ever since.

      Delete
  5. This is the first time I have heard of these products, I have never seen them in India. But all the products are something which I would love to use, thanks so much for sharing this. I generally use more of biotique products for everything but I hope these will suit my skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :) You're from India? I'm not quite sure if they are already exporting in other countries because I think I they're only available here in the Philippines, but if you see one please let me know. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your reviews! The eye cream seems like it would be the most useful for me. I also take my bags with me everywhere I go and I have to get up at 5:30 AM for work! The pimple eraser sounds good but I don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like you don't really need the Pimple eraser because your face is flawless. :) It'll take time before you see any changes when you use the eye cream but it's effective.

      Delete
  7. I guess they are all great choices. I will check the Quick Fx Tinted Moisturizer. Looks good and the most I need now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't want to apply heavy makeup and just want something light to use for everyday, then the Tinted Moisturizer is the perfect one to buy! :)

      Delete
  8. Woooh! This is totally nice, I admit, I have no idea about these products and will definitely share this article with my wife to check it out. Thanks for this Carmela. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're not doing anything and you have too much time on your hands, spend it at the Watsons store. Haha! There are a lot of products you didn't know actually exist and at a very affordable price. :)

      Delete
  9. i tried the Quick Fx Pimple Eraser and i got to say it is quiet effective in reducing the size of the pimple. Potent as it may I still don't recommend it for people who have cystic acne as it will take a lot of time for the pimple to dry up.I recently purchased the Quick Fx No-Shine Mattifier and i absolutely love it imagine with that price you get a great primer. This one i will definitely repurchase and will highly recommend. I am interested on that eye cream as like you my problem are my eye bags and i want to have the puffiness reduced to an acceptable level.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use the pimple eraser too. My sister influenced me. It is really effective! Although it takes a few days to really 'kill' a pimple haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. this would mean that the pimple eraser is my next must buy! Whenever I get to that time of the month, I always have one or two mushrooms-err pimples growing up and about.. and I think this would definitely help! I'm in the process of using and reviewing the no shine mattifier, which I bought yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey beautiful! Very much interested with the pimple eraser! Been having crazy breakouts since I arrived Manila. It's insane! Will look for it this afternoon and see how it works for me. Not everything fit me but I am willing to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have issues with dry skin but as much as I want to try moisturizers... i just hate that greasy feeling hehe but if there is any item here that I would love to try, it would be the eyelift cream to somehow reduces my eyebags
    thanks for sharin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting products. As an advertising professional, I like their branding. As an environmentalist, I think their plastic packaging is a bit wasteful! If they have their products sold in more efficient packaging rather than sachets, I would like to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is something new to me and reading your blog made me interested about it. I need this stuff whenever I'm stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beauty blogger friend also recommended that for my quick yet quality fix, I use Quick Fx. I tried and they are indeed effective. love the CC cream the most and yet to try the other products. But surely, they would all be promising.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an in depth review and I have to say very useful. I struggle myself sometimes with dimples coming out of nowhere, usually when I'm stressed (or eat too much crap food). So the pimple erasers sounds like the perfect solution. Have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you like Watsons that is the site for you where you can get the things you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the shared review. It is definitely worthy a read. I am sure that every reader will find this post creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also like you are a big fan of this brand, because often we can find the best tool for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your post is so much helpful for us. Thank you for this one! It was worth the read ❤ By the way, can you recommend us some products that will help us lessen the dark spots caused by pimples? I've read on your post that the "Pimple Eraser" won't work well on lessening the dark spots. Thank you so much. Your help will be greatly appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi. Normal lang po ba na kumati ung part na nilagyan ng pimple eraser?

    ReplyDelete